Organizers: Caoimhe Murray (Event Director), Ingrid Weisenbach (Permit), John Rance (Coach), Karen Lachance (Membership), Holly Hendrigan (Assistant), Graeme Rennie (Assistant), Ben Smith (Assistant), Don Haliburton (Coach), Laurent Mingo (Assistant), Gwenn Flowers (Assistant), Emma Sherwood (Assistant), Jeremy Gordon (Assistant), Kate Knapp (Course Planner), Alison Schoenhardt (Controller), Adam Woods (Membership), Stan Woods (Membership)
Map: Pacific Spirit Park
This week we'll explore Pacific Spirit park with 4 courses catering for everyone from total beginners to elite runners (the intermediate course registration is a little bit hidden but it's there at the bottom of the page). Get to know the trails and visit parts of the park you might not see very often!
Registration opens at 9:30am, with starts from 10:00 to 11:00. Course closure will be at 13:00.
Please register by 4pm Friday so we can ensure we have enough maps but there'll be a few spares if you end up signing up late or make a last minute decision to come out.
Hazards and Notes:
- It's a busy park so keep an eye out for other park users: pedestrians, cyclists and dog walkers use the park extensively.
- Your course may involve road crossing so keep an eye out for traffic and cross when it's safe to do so.
- The purple hatched areas and the olive green areas are out of bounds.
- Our permit does not allow any running off trail in order to protect sensitive habitats located throughout the park
- Some courses traverse the soccer pitches. Keep an eye out for competitors if there are games going on while you're running.
- Some areas of this map are due an update so don't be surprised if the root stock you're looking for has disappeared or there are some other changes to the map. The courses have taken this into account so hopefully the map issues won't cause any problems