Map: Renfrew Ravine
Registration is now open!
Please sign-up by noon on the day of the event so I can print maps
- 6:15pm Introduction to Orienteering for Beginners
- 6:30pm Starts
- 8:00 pm Course Closure, participants must report to the Finish before leaving.
There will three options for courses:
- Beginner: a single course sticking to the traditional Renfrew Ravine area and suitable for new orienteers. If you like this one feel free to try the Advanced loops after.
- Advanced: Three short ~1km sprint'ish loops in the Renfrew Ravine area
- Expert: the short loops from advanced (3x~1km) plus a longer loop (~3km) taking you all the way to the 29th Ave skytrain and Slocan park
Sunset is 7:30pm. You may need a headlamp!
There are a few road crossings. This is a WET and there is no reason to take any risks. Please be careful.
You may want to run in trail shoes, but no spikes.
Meet at the wading pool just off of Nootka St.
Without volunteers, these events cannot take place. A hearty thanks to all those helping put this event on. If you would like to volunteer/help at upcoming WETs/WJRs or would like to organize a WET please let us know.