Map: Lynn Valley
Welcome to the first(?) GVOC mountain bike specific orienteering event! I'm happy that GVOC has been very supportive of trying new events and I'm excited to share it with you all!
New to Orienteering? Check the basics here.
- Start anytime between 10am-12pm.
- Score-O, collect as many points as possible!
- Each control is worth X0 points based on the first digit of the control. (Control 32 would be worth 30 points, etc)
- 1 or 2 hour time limit, you choose.
- Lose 10 points per minute over the time limit. Plan wisely!
- Become a member of the club. Only $20 a year! Membership Link
- Please register on this event page by Friday July 9th so we print enough maps.
- Fill out a Declaration of Health form the day of the event Declaration of Health Form
- Control locations will be on legal mountain bike trails
- All trails with controls will be maximum blue square rating
- Difficult trails (black diamond) will also be marked to ensure you don't accidentally ride something beyond your skill level.
- Trails with bikes prohibited will be marked on the map. Please don't ride these trails.
- Controls will be marked with orange pinflags
- Paper maps provided and/or you can use MapRun6
- Each pinflag has a word on it. Note the word and control number!
- Start and finish will be at Blueridge Park. We will be at the the north corner behind home plate of the baseball diamond.
- Bring your park beverages!
- To make it a little easier the event is available in MapRun6 and can be downloaded from Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver > 2021 > MBO > Seylynn MTBO
- For information on using the MapRun6 app see the information in "Virtual Orienteering". If you want to follow your track or if you are likely to become geographically misplaced turn on Display Track and Display Current Location prior to passing through the start.
- Upload your track here to view results in the RouteGadget event. Search for Seylynn MTBO for the event name.
I'm looking forward to hearing all feedback from this event and want to make future MTBO events better. So please feel free to share your thoughts.