Rice Lake Why Just Run
June 22nd 2014 10:00am
Organizers: Robyn Rennie (Event Director), George Pugh (Course Planner), Bruce Rennie (Controller)
Map: Rice Lake
Welcome to the Rice Lake Why just run.
For newcomers, families, or those who just want a short stroll through the forest, we're offering a short and intermediate course. Short course is only on trails. Intermediate course is mostly on trails, but just a little longer!
The course closes at 12 noon, so you must be back at the finish at or before this time.
- The Expert and Elite courses will take longer and be more physical and require more map skills than our Wednesday night events. Both courses will be the same technical difficulty, so pick your course accordingly.
- The Short and Sport courses are advised for beginners
- We strongly recommend leg covering.
- You will likely encounter lots of cyclists and walkers on the courses. Please be careful and respectful of other trail users.
We will start at the gazebo at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve. Please ensure you obey all parking signs and restrictions.
9:30am - Registration opens
10:00am - Start opens
12:00pm - Course closes. Report to finish.
2pm onwards - BBQ @ Chateau Oram!
Adults - $10 for GVOC members
Juniors - $5 for GVOC members
Families - $20 max. for GVOC members
It's mid-summer, it's sunny, Louise Oram is back in town for 1 weekend only... come join us for a post-event BBQ at Chris & Margo's house.
- Time 2pm onwards
- Location 5626 Alma Street, Vancouver
- What to bring Yourself and a salad, dessert, appetizer, snack, or drink to contribute. Chris & Margo are generously providing the BBQ mains.
- Please sign up on the left side, so we have a rough idea of numbers! Please also make a note if you'd like a ride from the event. P.S. it's OK to come to the BBQ and not the event!
All participants must also be members of GVOC for insurance purposes. If you haven't been to an event in 2014, or you're new to the club, please arrive a few minutes early to fill out our membership form.
Membership is valid until Dec. 31, 2014. It includes free Wednesday Evening Trainings, and access to our Why Just Run series. Cost is $5 for first-time orienteers & juniors, $10 for renewing adults, and $20 for families.
Registration for this event closes on Friday June 20th at 11:59pm PST. On the day entries are welcome, but we cannot guarantee we'll have maps for everyone.