Greater Vancouver Orienteering Club 6 Week Junior Program Thursdays, 5-7pm, April 19 to May 24, 2012
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. TO REGISTER PLEASE EMAIL MEGHAN.RANCE "AT" GMAIL.COM
April 26- Confederation Park, East Vancouver
Park in the parking lot off of Beta Ave. We will meet in the nearby picnic shelter. In session 2, we will be focusing on orienting the map with a compass and without a compass. Some groups will also be working on compass skills and bearings.
- April 19- Cates Park –The Basics
- April 26- Confederation Park – Finding North
- April 29- Robert Burnaby Park (Metro Vancouver Junior Orienteering Championships)
- May 3 - Princess Park – Developing Strategies
- May 10 - Cleveland Dam – Telling Up from Down
- May 13 - Rice Lake (Sunday- Regular GVOC event)
- May 17 - Rice Lake – Race Review
- May 24 – Deep Cove – Being Lost and Being Found
Participants will be assigned to a group based on their age, experience, and ability. The sessions will focus on FUN, orienteering skills, and physical literacy. We have planned the exercises and sessions to meet the prescribed learning outcomes and goals of the Canadian Orienteering Federation's Long Term Athlete Development program, a program which focuses on the development of both competitive and recreational life-long orienteers and physically active citizens.